2 Bed apartment in @southampton . Lots of items available 2 double beds premium bedding TV Kitchen sets pots plates pans
Community Café
Connect with other hosts, share stories, enjoy casual conversation, and celebrate wins!
Conversations
Featured
Hi everyone,
Ever wish you had a space to talk through the unique situations that come up while hosting? That's exactly what the Host Circle is for.
👉Go to the Community Forum side bar, click on “Host Circle” and hit “Join” button to get access. Without hitting “Join”, you won't be able to see or participate in the conversations (or you can also click here to view Host Circle.)
Note: discussions from this space won’t appear in internet search results!
Come join in!
Regards,
Bhumika
This is a conversation I brought up here on the CC a few years ago, I recently had contact with a prominent Australian entertainer as part of the Adelaide Festival of Arts and it brought me back to this old post....Who would you love host?
Given the opportunity, who, on this planet would you most like to host....and why?
I will get the ball rolling by saying, mine would be Scott Neeson!
Scott with his parents emigrated from Scotland to Australia in 1964 when he was 5. They moved here to South Australia and settled into the Adelaide suburb of Elizabeth, about 30 minutes away from where I live.
After his poor attempt at schooling Scott joined the Clifford Theatres movies circuit delivering movie reals to the various Clifford theatres around town. He rose up the ranks of the movie industry here in Australia to the point where he became the head of Twentieth Century Fox distribution in Australia in 1986. He was lured to Twentieth Century Fox in the US and moved there in 1993 as Vice President of marketing and eventually rose to become the President of Twentieth Century Fox.
In 2003 he was head-hunted to become the president of Sony Entertainment and between switching roles he took a vacation to Phnom Penh in Cambodia.
As part of his travels he happened to end up in the city's tip and was struck by the hundreds of children as young as 4 scavenging for anything they could find to keep their families alive.
He left Cambodia and took up his role with Sony but was continually haunted by thoughts of those kids on that tip in Phnom Penh, so after 3 months he sold up everything he had in LA, moved to Cambodia and set up the Cambodia Childrens Fund which now educates over 2,000 children and cares for 20,000 families.
Who does that........ turns down the most powerful position in global entertainment and donates themselves and their lives to the underprivileged.
Scott is now 67 years old, is the epitome of the human I would love have been, and if I had that one opportunity, I would love to sit down for an evening or two with Scott and find out what has made him such a great human being!
Cheers......Rob
Part of the latest fall update are the maps where you can view your own trips as well as those of your friends. There, you can also see right away how they liked the place and how they rated it:
Have you already taken a look and discovered anything interesting?
Go to Connections: https://www.airbnb.de/users/profile/connections-map
Mention coffee, and you've got an ally in me.
Hi everyone,
Ever wish you had a space to talk through the unique situations that come up while hosting? That's exactly what the Host Circle is for.
👉Go to the Community Forum side bar, click on “Host Circle” and hit “Join” button to get access. Without hitting “Join”, you won't be able to see or participate in the conversations (or you can also click here to view Host Circle.)
I'm in! 🙌🏼🫡❤️
We really encourage hosts to join the Host Circle and participate in it. We learn a lot together.
Looking forward to connecting with you 😉
Join the conversation
A forum for hosts around the world to ask for advice, share tips, and grow your business all in one place.
Hey everyone, I came here to share my recent experience as an Airbnb superhost of 2 years. I had a guest about 3 weeks ago now, flood my home during his stay. I documented everything (with time and date stamps) and sent it over to Airbnb. I spent over $7k repairing the home (with verified invoices/receipts) and Airbnb has left my claim UNTOUCHED since 9/24/26. My mortgage is now late, since I spent most of my savings to repair the home after the guest flooded it and even after expressing this to 2 different managers, still no follow up about my claim. If you find yourself in a damage situation DO NOT pay to repair the damages right away (if possible). Get an estimate, block the days off and file a claim for the damages and loss of use. Dont be like me because now I may be losing my house this month due to not having my mortgage funds. And all this because a guest flooded my home and Airbnb has done nothing to resolve the money I spent OR the days I missed during repairs. I will be posting about this on my social media platforms too, so people are aware of the little to nothing Airbnb protections within a high chance of damages type business. I’ve been exploring VRBO and may be moving my business to that platform, if I can figure out how to keep my home of course.
Hello, I'm Dome, a host of a studio in Saronno for 2 years.
I am a Host, and I have a job that keeps me busy for many hours.
I accepted direct bookings from people with good reviews on the platform in order to increase the number of stays.
Hi, . I have them too! 😊
- calendar
- availability























